Sunday, November 14, 2010

S - Day 1 & 2

I technically started my scripture study program last night. A friend who is in a new ward gave me an extra journal she has that the RS presidency gave to each of the sisters. It has a 12 week scripture reading schedule in which you are assigned (in the notebook) a list of 12 individual weekly reading assignments and encouraged to write your thoughts and feelings about the reading assignment. It is designed with the goal of coming closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ

Day 1 - Nov. 13, 2010 - Saturday
Helaman 5:12

This is one of the scripture mastery scriptures I learned attending seminary so the minute I saw the reference I was already going over it in my mind. I have read it many times before and didn't think much of it at first. The words though suddenly came through with a new meaning for me personally. It became clear through the Spirit that one of the reasons I have battled depression in the past is because my foundation is not as strong as it can and should be. I often rely too much on myself rather than trusting the Lord.

Day 2 - Nov. 14, 2010 - Sunday
Helaman 5:12

I have been thinking a lot about how we build our foundation on our Savior, Jesus Christ. It occured to me that in any relationship of any substance that we have with anyone the foundation usually includes trust as a key ingredient. It makes sense then to assume that if we want to builda relationship with the Savior; we need to trust Him. The question I have now is how do I learn to trust Him and His wisdom and lean not unto my own understanding...

No comments:

Post a Comment